This meal was created out of sheer determination. Sheer determination to not have to run to the grocery store for a single item. It’s a mashup of several different recipes from Food Network and what I had in the pantry and freezer, and it turned out pretty good.
1 16oz. bag frozen pepper stir fry veggies (peppers and onions)
Emeril’s Bayou Blast seasoning
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
dash Worcestershire sauce
dash hot sauce
1 28oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 cup water
2 tablespoons flour
2 pounds peeled shrimp
4 cups cooked white rice
1. In a very large saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add frozen veggies and cook until wilted. (about 6-8 minutes)
2. Add the tomatoes and garlic. Season with a little bit of salt. Bring the mixture up to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the mixture thickens a little.
3. Season again with Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Whisk the flour and water together and add to the saucepan. Simmer another 5 minutes.
4. Generously coat the raw shrimp with Emeril’s Bayou Blast. Add to the tomato mixture and simmer until pink and cooked through.
5. Check the seasoning and add more heat if desired. Serve over rice.
Super, super easy.