This one comes from Good Things Catered and we had it alongside the Creamy Chicken Enchiladas. It was a nice contrast to all the heat we had going on in those. Very healthy and light. Fresh herbs are key.
5 c. mixed salad greens
1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 c. fresh dill, chopped
1/4 c. fresh mint, chopped
1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
1 ripe mango, peeled and cubed
1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
5 green onions, white and light green portions diced
juice of 2 1/2 limes, divided
1/4 c. olive oil1 large garlic clove, minced or pressed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1. In small bowl, combine avocado, mango and juice of 1/2 lime. Toss and set aside.
2. In separate small bowl, combine remaining lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, and paprika. Whisk to combine and while whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in olive oil to emulsify.
3. In large serving bowl, combine salad greens, herbs and onions.
4. Drizzle on desired amount of dressing and toss to combine.
5. Top with drained mango and avocado and serve immediately.