ROSEMARY BALSAMIC CHICKEN:
4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast, 6 to 8 ounces each
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, eyeball it, just enough to coat chicken lightly
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 stems rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped, about 2 tablespoons
Salt and coarse black pepper
4 cloves garlic, cracked away from skin with a whack against the flat of your knife
2. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts and cracked garlic, and onion to the pan. Cook chicken 12 minutes, or until juices run clear, turning occasionally. The balsamic vinegar will produce a deep brown, sweet finish on the chicken as it cooks.
EVOO to coat
shallots, finely minced
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Break woody ends off asparagus
3. Add asparagus and shallots to ziploc bag. Pour in enough EVOO to coat.
4. Mix everything around in bag, pour onto baking sheet, and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake for around 20 minutes, until tender.
CHEDDAR GARLIC BISCUITS:
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
2/3 cup milk, low fat ok
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
pinch parsley flakes
1. Combine Bisquick, milk, and cheddar and beat with a wooden spoon for about 30 seconds.
2. Spoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
3. Bake in 450 degree oven for 8 – 10 minutes.
4. Combine butter and garlic powder and pour over hot biscuits. Sprinkle with parsley.