This recipe is great, because it takes no time at all.
2 pounds shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 shallot, chopped
1 tablespoon (1 turn around the pan) extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 (a couple of pinches) teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup (a generous splash) dry white wine
1/2 lemon, juiced
A handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
Coarse salt and black pepper
16oz. cooked linguine
1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguine and follow cooking instructions on the box.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium to medium high heat. Add oil and butter to pan and melt butter. Add shallot and garlic and cook until soft.
3. Add crushed pepper and shrimp. Saute shrimp until pink but not cooked through, about 2 minutes.
4. Add wine, and sprinkle shrimp with lemon juice and parsley then season with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat through.
5. Add shrimp mixture to the cooked pasta and toss.
The sauce never really thickens, but it’s still good. Keep some for leftovers, and it gets even better.