1 9in. unbaked pie shell
1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
dash of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll pie shell into 9 inch pie plate.
2. For the cheesecake layer: combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla, mixing well. Add egg and mix well. Spread evenly in bottom of pie shell.
3. In a clean bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, and spices and mix well.
4. Carefully (very carefully, or you will have a marble pie) pour pumpkin mixture over cream cheese mixture. (You may even want to throw the cheesecake layer into the fridge while you mix the top layer, so they won’t combine)
5. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool.
Enjoy being our newest convert.
Ooooh! I LOOOVE pumpkin pie!