Maybe it was the tequila. I’ve always liked tequila.
(from Good Things Catered)
2 lbs. chicken breast tenders (or breast, sliced to tender size)
1/4 c. tequila
1/3 c. lime
1/4 c. olive oil
1/2 c. fresh cilantro
3 large cloves garlic
1/2 jalapeno pepper
1/4 c. sweet onion
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coriander seed
1/4 tsp cumin
1. In the bowl of food processor add all ingredients except chicken. Process until well blended, about 2 minutes.
2. In large shallow bowl, add chicken and marinade ensuring all chicken is submerged.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (no more than an hour or the lime will start to “cook” the chicken. We’re grilling chicken here, not making ceviche.).
4. Grill on medium or medium low, flipping once, until cooked through.
5. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
Sounds like a winner. I’ve found my cast iron grill pan works great for meats/poultry/fish that have been seasoned with marinade, but that sauce renders the pan icky!Marg
It was supposed to say “without” marinade. OopsMarg