It was glorious.
adapted from BakingBlonde
1 16oz. package of Oreo cookies
1 stick butter, melted
1/4 tsp salt
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (fat free works)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (we just chopped up some regular chips)
1. Preheat oven to 325. Line a 9×13 pan with foil and lightly spray with PAM. Set aside 6 Oreo cookies for the toppings. Eat 2 or so Oreos. The package weight is more than what the recipe calls for anyway.
2. In a food processor, or in a Ziploc with a rolling pin, crush the remaining Oreos into crumbs. Add the salt to the crumbs and combine. Add melted butter and gently stir. Press firmly into the bottom of the lined pan.
3. Coarsely chop the remaining 6 cookies and set aside for later.
4. Over a double boiler (in my kitchen, this is a pot of boiling water with a Pyrex bowl over it), or in the microwave, melt semi-sweet chips with condensed milk and vanilla. Stir frequently, until smooth. Spread evenly over pressed cookie crust. Sprinkle mini chips and coarse cookies over mixture and press lightly.
5. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
6. Let cool on the counter for 1 hour. Chill in the fridge until completely cold before serving.