For the cake:
1 white cake mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 3oz box instant vanilla pudding
8 oz Sprite
For the frosting:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 lb powdered sugar
1-3 tsp milk, half and half, or cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour cake pans. (She used 2 9in round cake pans. I do not own cake pans. Yet. So, we used 2 8×8 stoneware baking dishes. They worked just fine.)
2. In a large bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, mix all ingredients on low until combined. Then, increase speed to medium and mix for about 2 minutes.
3. Pour batter into pans and bake for 30 minutes, until tester toothpick comes out clean.
4. With a mixer, cream together butter and vanilla.
5. Add the sugar gradually, still creaming everything together. If you would like it a little creamier, add a little milk or cream until you get the texture you desire.
Let the cakes cool completely, then ice & enjoy, but don’t eat half the cake like I did. Oooops.