adapted from Bakingblonde’s Weblog
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup butter-flavor shortening
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 tbs vanilla
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Heath bar bits (the non-chocolately ones)
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. (You might be ok without it, but I used it and they turned out great.)
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl cream the butter, shortening, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. It takes a few minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well. Add the vanilla and beat well.
3. In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until fully combined.
4. Fold in Heath Bar bits and butterscotch chips.
5. Drops large spoonfuls onto the baking sheets and bake for 9-10 minutes, until golden and delicious.