I’ve seen these burgers making their rounds on the food blog scene for awhile now, and finally decided to give them a try! They made a very nice, quick, easy, weeknight meal. Yay! …and they’re really good!
(and yes, there is some marinara sauce under that amazing looking cheese)
from Elly Says Opa!
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning (I had Italian bread crumbs, so I nixed this)
- 1/4 cup chopped flatleaf parsley (We used basil. It’s what we had since the parsley plant bit the dust.)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella or provolone (or 1/2 cup shredded)
- sauteed mushrooms
- 4 buns (brushed with a little garlic butter, and they are wonderful)
1. Mix everything through the salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl. Let stand for around 30 minutes to come together.
2. Shape into 4 patties. (I think you could make them smaller…they come out HUGE, for me.) Throw onto the preheated grill or broiler and cook until done. Top with sauce and cheese and heat to melt. Heat the buns on the grill/broiler if you wish.
Yum! Posting about this makes me want to make them again!