i can’t believe this is the first time that i have made these, especially since i have been eating them for the better part of my life thanks in part to the heir to blair’s momma, being my girl scout leader since the 4th grade & the heir to blair herself, being one of my bffs since the 4th grade. in fact, not too long ago, the heir to blair and i polished off far too many of these, for breakfast, while chatting in her office.
they’re buttery, gooey, cakey & heavenly. oh. and easy. i bet you could mix everything together without even setting down your wine.
from the momma
1 stick butter, softened
1 box yellow cake mix
1 16oz box confectioners sugar
8oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1. preheat oven to 325°. in a medium bowl, mix together butter, cake mix & one egg with a wooden spoon. press firmly into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan to form a flat crust.
2. in a separate medium bowl, beat together confectioner’s sugar, cream cheese, 2 eggs, and vanilla with an electric hand mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixer (a hand mixer is fine for this, really). pour over unbaked crust.
3. bake for one hour. remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into squares & serving.
1) This looks deLUSH.
2) I just found my way over to your new site! Awesome!
3) How did you get all of your fancy designs on the site? Did you do it yourself, or did you get a professional?
thanks! glad you made it to the new site! it’s mostly a template, but we tweaked some of the code & rearranged the header and added some custom stuff through photoshop.
Everything you post I want to make and eat… if I can’t make it I’ll lick the screen of my computer. Mmm… I’m going to make these Saturday morning. I’ll let you know if I messed it up or not. ~_^
yum! and can I tell you I just spent a half hour at work reading heir to blair’s blog – hilarious!
Yooo. Stumbled upon this through a google search. Making these right now! I’ll let you know how they go!
I made these last night. Thank you for this fabulous recipe. They were very good warm and paired with vanilla ice cream!
I’ve definitely had them warm…impatiently waiting for them to cool 🙂 The vanilla ice cream sounds like a great addition! Glad you enjoyed them!
These are in the oven right now! I sprinkled milk and white chocolate chips on top too. So we will see how that addition goes.