today we’re teaming up with
where lins is taking on cooking as her latest challenge & is gracious enough to host a virtual recipe exchange, with a different theme each week, on her site every monday.
is having us over to her place!
it’s great, because the best part about good food? sharing it! so hop over there today and check out all the great seafood recipes!
what we have here is the freshest take on tacos we’ve had in a long time. bright citrus in the shrimp, salsa & crema + a little kick…these are a refreshing dinner you’ll actually look forward to on these days of triple digit heat.
from serious eats (serves 4)
12 jumbo shrimp, cut in half lengthwise
2 clove garlic, grated
2 tablespoon key lime juice (from 6 key limes, don’t sub regular lime for this)
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
8 small corn tortillas, warmed
shredded green cabbage to taste
1. preheat the grill, or a grill pan, to high.
2. toss the shrimp with garlic, key lime juice & olive oil. season with salt & pepper to taste. grill for 1-2 minutes per side, until the shrimp turn pink & opaque. set aside until tacos are ready to assemble.
KEY LIME, AVOCADO & MANGO SALSA
2 tablespoon key lime juice (6 key limes)
1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1 green onion, finely sliced
1 avocado, finely diced
1/2 mango, finely diced
salt to taste
1. combine all ingredients & set aside until tacos are ready to assemble.
KEY LIME CREMA
2 tablespoons key lime juice (the juice of about 6 key limes)
zest of 6 key limes
6 tablespoons sour cream, at room temperature
1. whisk together all ingredients.
1. warm the corn tortillas. we do this by heating them in the microwave, covered with damp paper towels & plastic wrap. heat until soft & pliable.
2. add grilled shrimp, a scoop of salsa & top with crema.