don’t let the title fool or intimidate you. this is quick, easy & full of fresh flavors that makes it the perfect summer meal.we loved it so much, we’re having it again tomorrow.
adapted very slightly from tyler’s ultimate (serves 4)
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
salt & pepper
FOR THE CHICKEN & SALAD
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 lb bacon
extra virgin olive oil
1/4 lb blue cheese, crumbled
1 bunch arugula, stems trimmed
1 pint fresh figs, halved
fresh tarragon for garnish
1. in a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. set aside while you cook the chicken.
2. place each chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap & pound them very thin. once pounded, season each side well with salt & pepper.
3. heat a large saute pan over medium heat (we used a cast iron skillet). add the bacon to the pan & cook until the fat has rendered, about 3-4 minutes. remove from pan & place on a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess grease. don’t pour out all of the bacon fat in the pan, drain some, but leave a little.
4. drizzle some olive oil in the pan with the bacon drippings. add the flattened chicken to the pan & cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, browning each side & cooking through. take the chicken out of the pan & let drain on plate lined with paper towels, or with the bacon.
5. add the vinaigrette to the pan to deglaze & let it heat for a few minutes. stir well to get all the bits off the bottom of the pan.
place chicken on a platter, top with blue cheese, sprinkle with crumbled bacon, add the arugula & fig halves. drizzle with dressing & sprinkle with fresh tarragon leaves. dig in!
Thanks for the blog comment. I meant to tell you…I’ve been lurking on your blog and holy COW these recipes look great. I’ll definitely be trying quite a few of them.
we like to eat well 🙂