1. Durham Catering Company. This past weekend, we attended our friends Melissa & Effi’s beautiful wedding, which just so happened to be held at the very same venue we had our reception almost three years ago, with the same caterer, & they even ironically played Beat It as their final song, too. We had a fantastic time, & the food was fresh, seasonal, unfussy & delicious…all the reasons why we chose Durham Catering for our wedding.
2. Bojangles. Cajun filet biscuits, fries, & honey mustard possess magical healing powers, a necessity for mornings after things such as the aforementioned wedding.
3. Vanilla Garlic. I look forward to Garrett’s posts every Tuesday. They’re a little longer than I usually have the patience for, but he is a fantastic story teller & almost always makes me laugh (especially this time), andplusalso come with a delicious recipe, so I deem this one of my Must Read Blogs.
4. Garden & Gun magazine. My mom thought I was turning into a redneck NRA member when I asked for a subscription to this magazine for Christmas, but it’s one of the best magazines I’ve read in a long time. Full of all good things south of the Mason Dixon, this is a magazine I sit down & read thoroughly cover to cover, careful not to skim over even a little bit. In this month’s issue? Art, style, design & bourbon.
5. Venti Three Pump Shaken Iced Green Tea Lemonade. Current Starbucks order.