Hi friends, I feel like we’ve been kind of absent lately. Please believe that we’ve been up to a lot & have lots of fun things to share, but not all of those things are necessarily worthy of their own full posts. Soooooo we’re here to introduce Friday Favorites, where we’ll regroup here & share some good things we’ve gotten in to in the past week.
1. Peaches. They’re early this year, & as good as ever. We’ve been blending up pitcher, after pitcher of fuzz buzz. You’ll want to do this too.
2. Mr. Percy. We’ve joked, ever since we adopted Percy, that he is a full-blooded Boozehound. He will get all up in whatever you’re drinking, trying to steal sips of whatever you have. Tonight, at dinner, I picked up a copy of the Independent Weekly, where I read about J. Percy Flowers, Johnston County moonshiner extraordinaire. We’ve decided it’s only fitting to make Percy’s full name J. Percy Flowers Lusher.
3. Pimento cheese. Always & forever. It’s my favorite summer lunch, spread on a flatbread cracker. I like to make my own, but when I’m feeling extra lazy, I reach for the Augusta’s, or my new favorite, My Three Sons.
4. SlantShack Jerky. Our latest adventure in online food purchasing, Tom has been eating this stuff by the bag. His favorite flavor? Grass-fed Original with Spicy Pepper Glaze & Jerk McGurk’s Wild RubDown.
5. This house, currently on the market in Charleston, South Carolina. Built in 1840 & restored to perfection, this house has the original kitchen house still intact, but outfitted with fabulous high-end appliances. The rest of the house is absolutely breathtaking, with exposed brick, hardwood floors & original fireplaces…all in downtown. Please excuse us while we go find a few million dollars.