1. Monuts Donuts. I could pretty much take or leave doughnuts up until my first bites of Monuts’s Toasted Amaretto doughnut. Now, Monut’s is our first stop on the way in to the Durham Farmer’s Market, where Lindsay is set up every Saturday. Soon, Monuts will have it’s own shop & they want your mugs for it! Chewbaccas included.
2. American Meltdown. Grilled cheese food truck. There’s really no further explanation necessary, except to say that something magical happens when vegetables are cooked in wine, so wine drenched onions in a melty grilled cheese? Heavenly.
3. Atlanta Fresh Greek Yogurt | Tropical Sweet Heat. This blend of mango, pineapple, ginger & habanero is the most unique yogurt I’ve ever tasted & I absolutely love it. If sweating under your eyeballs at breakfast isn’t your thing, it comes in frozen yogurt as well.
4. Trophy Brewing Company. A collaboration of Busy Bee’s Chris Powers & David Lockwood & home brewer Les Stewart…soon to be Raleigh’s newest craft beer pub & we’re anxiously awaiting it’s opening. We traded some trophies, one baseball & one swim team, which will be on display in the Trophy taproom, for some samples this week & we’re impressed with the first sips…a smooth, fruity & hoppy, saison & one of the best imperial stouts we’ve tasted in a while.
5. A welcome compliment. As seen in the Tasty Beverage Co. bathroom.