1. Rise. Tom Ferguson & his Durham Catering crew did a knock out job of catering our wedding & now he’s cornering the breakfast market at his newish donut & biscuit shop at Southpoint. We’ve been in a few times now, & the entire menu is mouthwatering & changes daily, but we can’t get enough of the savory sweet combination of chicken biscuits with honey & crunchy, sugary, vanilla bean flecked, custard stuffed crème brûlée donuts.
2. Gonza tacos y tequila/Dos Taquitos/Centro…the Salamanca family food empire. We’ve been to all three, two of them within the past week. Best Mexican food in town, although, Gonza is our favorite. I don’t even want to tell you that, because it’s busy enough in there.
3. Houchart. Favorite rosé currently. $12/bottle.
4. Durham Farmers’ Market. The gettin’s good at local farmers’ markets right now, with Spring in full bloom. We love Durham Farmers’ Market for their variety, huge selection of organics, beer, flowers, music & food trucks.
5. Trophy Brewing. We’ve mentioned them here before & their constant rotation of well crafted beer shouldn’t be overlooked. Now that the weather is absolutely perfect, their patio has opened & they’re serving food. Pizza & beer!