& here’s a weekly roundup:
1. Our friendly neighborhood bottle shop, Bottlemixx, celebrated their first anniversary. There was cake & food trucks & even a scavenger hunt for grownups…hunting for highly allocated bottles hidden all over the store. We’re happy to have them nearby.
2. Power Tool Pumpkin Carving Party IX. Where beer, power tools & artistic expression collide.
3. Big Spoon Roasters Peanut Butter. We’re probably going to lose our foodie (& I hate that term anyway) cards over this, but we like Jif Peanut Butter in this house. Natural peanut butters just tasted too natural. That is, until we tasted Big Spoon Roasters Peanut Butter slathered on a waffle at Jubala. I’m not sure what kind of magic is blended up in that jar (it’s actually peanuts, wildflower honey, organic coconut oil & sea salt), but we’re totally, completely, 100% hooked.
4. Edible Art cake. It’s probably been on one of these weekly roundups before, but the stars aligned in my favor this week, allowing me to enjoy this bakery’s dense, delicious pound cake on three separate occasions.
5. Bida Manda Laotian Restaurant and Bar. I’m sorry it took us so long to get to this spot. We had cocktails, Panang crab cakes, green papaya salad with grilled duck breast, & duck larb, & it was all amazing from start to finish.