Now don’t get confused by the title of this post. I DO NOT bake. I am however, tired of copying and pasting this recipe via email, so I am posting it here for you all to enjoy. These truffles are super impressive and also super easy to make, but time-consuming. The reward is well worth the time…
1 box Red Velvet cake mix (and all the ingredients needed to make the box mix)
16 oz. cream cheese icing (plus a little more for garnishing)
24 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
1) Make the Red Velvet cake according to the box and bake it. Let it cool completely.
2) Crumble the cake into a very large mixing bowl. Add cream cheese frosting and mix until mushy. It really helps to get your hands into it.
3) Roll the mixture into small bite sized balls and place on a wax paper covered cookie sheet. Toss in the freezer for about 20 minutes, so they can get firm.
4) Melt the chocolate chips, a little at a time, in a double boiler.
5) Dip the balls in the chocolate until completely covered. (I just used a spoon for this.) Return to wax paper and put back in freezer for another 20 minutes until the chocolate has set.
6) Melt the remaining cream cheese icing and drizzle over the truffles.
We brought these to Easter and they were a big hit!