1. The Bon Appetit cover recipe (if you can call it that). Tomatoes are pretty much at their peak right now. I don’t need to dedicate an entire post to tell you to toast a thick slice of bread & rub it with a clove of garlic, if you’re feeling wild. Drizzle with olive oil, top with slices of heirloom tomatoes, then slices of feta, then another layer of tomatoes. Season with salt & pepper. It’s pure summery bliss.
2. America’s Best New Restaurant. Every year, Bon Appetit compiles a list of the 50 best new restaurants in the country, then narrows that down to The Hot 10. The 2012 Best New Restaurant was announced on Tuesday: State Bird Provisions, San Francisco, CA. Well, well, well, we just so happen to be visiting San Francisco on our anniversary this year. Last year, we just so happened to be in Charleston, SC celebrating our anniversary at the 2011 Best New Restaurant, Husk. Visiting the best new restaurant two years in a row? I think this needs to happen.
3. The Mystery Beer Dinner at the Busy Bee. It’s not what you might think. The beers weren’t a mystery, the brewery was Mystery. More on this later.
4. Defy Gravity. A warehouse full of trampolines. & my mom has signed herself, me, & my BFF Lindsey up for a month’s worth of their Gravity Fit trampoline workout classes. We’re two classes in & I’ve never sweat so hard & my abs are ridiculously sore. But it’s pretty much impossible not to have a freaking blast while jumping on a trampoline & I think I may have to have my 30th birthday party here.
5. Whole Foods 20% off Case Wine Sale. We stocked up. You should too. Cheers!