1. Hill Family Estate Merlot. We grabbed this bottle on our trip to California back in October & while Merlot oftentimes gets overshadowed by cabs & big bodied zins, this jammy fruit forward bottle helped ward off the mid week funk.
2. Mom & I went out for dinner last weekend & broke completely bad…hot pimento cheese dip with crisp bacon dippers & whiskey drinks. Thanks, NOFO, it was all delicious!
3. I read in Bon Appétit that Icelandic style yogurt is a hot new food trend, so when I found some on sale, I gave it a shot. It’s really thick & super creamy (even the nonfat varieties) with hardly any sugar & tons of protein. I’m a fan.
4. If You See Kay. Slowly sound out the name of this wine & you’ll hear why some people find this cabernet based red to be racy & obscene, but crack open the bottle & you’ll find the most velvety smooth, complex & elegant wine we’ve raved about in quite a while.
5. Tonight Tom & I walked to a nearby restaurant & ate a giant plate of loaded fries for dinner. It was awesome.