mini sized burgers with bacon! and avocado ranch dressing!
they’re little in size, but big on flavor.
adapted from everyday with rachael ray (makes 8 sliders, about 4 servings)
1 cup sour cream
juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
about 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill, chives & parsley
extra virgin olive oil
6 slices bacon, chopped
2 lbs ground turkey
1 small onion
1 tablespoon hot sauce
2 tablespoons poultry seasoning (like montreal chicken. do people in montreal eat that?)
salt & pepper
16 slices white bread ::gasp! white bread!::, toasted
lettuce, for serving
2 tomatoes, sliced for serving
1. preheat the grill to medium high. in the bowl of a food processor, add the avocado, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, mayo, buttermilk, and fresh herbs. puree into a nice, thick, delicious, green dressing.
2. heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. add the bacon & cook until crisp, around 5 minutes. drain on paper towels.
3. add the ground turkey in a large bowl. grate the onion over the bowl, so the juice gets incorporated too. season with hot sauce, poultry seasoning, salt & pepper. add the bacon pieces & mix well. it’s gross, but dig your hands in. form into 8 patties, place on a plate & drizzle with a little olive oil.
4. grill the burgers, turning once, for about 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
5. using a 3 inch round cookie cutter, or biscuit cutter, cut out circles of bread. feed some scraps to your begging dog. assemble the mini burgers, some pieces of torn lettuce, a slice of tomato on a bread circle, top with dressing, one more bread circle & serve.